The patented Woodford RHY2-1 is intended for irrigation purposes and to provide water availability on commercial building roofs. Applications include window washing cleaning of condenser coils, cooling towers and other types of roof equipment. The RHY2 is backflow protected with an ASSE 1052 double check backflow preventer that is field testable. The backflow device does not require removal for drain down. The RHY2 has a built in vent that allows drainage. The valve body of the hydrant is drilled and tapped with a 1/8" drain hole which must be piped to a drain location.
The RH-MS (purchased separately) allows for installation flexibility since it is not necessary to install the hydrant when the patented Mounting System is bolted to the roof. The Mounting System utilizes a 3" opening that allows the hydrant to be installed later if desired. All Necessary mounting hardware for proper installation on a commercial roof is supplied, including a 2 degree shim for pitch adjustment.
- Rod guide eliminates side pull on rod, reduces wear o packing, packing nut & stem
- Adjustable link for easy adjustment and positive lever lock tension.
- One piece variable flow plunger with large cushion type seal for longer life is not easily damaged and assures shut-off even when foreign particles are present.
- Hydrant automatically drains when shut off even with hose attached.
- All hydrant repairs can be made from the top of the unit without removing the hydrant. Parts are readily available.
- ASSE 1052 Listed
Mounting System:(Must be ordered separately)
- Cast iron Hydrant Support
- Cast iron Under Deck Flange
- 4 bolts draw tight against the roof decking and the hydrant support.
- 3 clamp screws tighten against the hydrant pipe to secure the hydrant's vertical position through the roof.
- Well Seal seals tight between the hydrant support and hydrant pipe.
- EPDM Boot covers well seal and top of hydrant support
- 2 degree shim is supplied, if needed, for installation on pitched roofs.
- RHY2 Hydrant Assembly
- Well Seal