1/2" x 1,429" Blue Monster PTFE Thread Tape
Blue Monster Tape is a thicker, denser, general-purpose thread seal tape that comes in a 1,429" roll. That's a Monster Roll. That's 5 times more tape than conventional rolls of low-density thin tapes. Fewer wraps are necessary to affect a leak-proof seal and it applies easily. No waste and no re-taping make sealing joints a breeze.
What is PTFE you ask?
In short PTFE is simply Teflon
PTFE Long Description:
A polymer consisting of recurring tetrafluoroethylene monomers whose formula is (CF2-CF2)n. It is inert and compatible with a very wide range of materials. Use Blue Monster on threads made from galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more.
Blue Monster Tape can be used on pipe carrying these:
- Acids, concentrated
(see precautions) and Acids, dilute
- Alcohols, Gasohol
- Aliphatic solvents, Aromatic solvents, Chlorinated solvents
- Ammonia, liquid
- Caustics, concentrated
- Compressed air, Steam, Water
- Cutting oils
- Diesel fuel oil
- Ethylene glycol, Glycerine
- Fatty acids
- Heating oils, Kerosene
- Hydraulic fluids, Hydraulic oils
- Hydrogen, gaseous and liquid, Inert gases, gaseous and liquid
- Jet fuel
- Ketones, Petroleum solvents
- Liquid Petroleum Gas, Natural gas
- Mineral oils, Vegetable oils
- Nitrogen, gaseous and liquid
- Soap, liquid
Composition: 99.6% PTFE < 0.4%
Pigment Color: Blue
Thickness: 0.0035" +/- 10%
Tensile Strength: 15N / mm2
Mill-Rose Blue Monster Thread Sealing Tape has been used to seal fittings carrying water and oil at pressures up to 10,000 PSI or 69,000kPa
Note: Pressure ratings are relative to the quality and torque of the fittings and the amount of tape used.
Temperature Range: -450°F to +500°F (-268°C to +260°C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500o F or +260°C. Decomposition is slow up to 750°F or 400°C. Although decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
Fittings above 1½" (38mm) diameter.
- Use 3/4" (19mm) wide tape for fittings up to 2" (51mm) in diameter. Use 1" (25mm) wide tape for fittings larger than 2" (51mm) in diameter.
- Follow the directions under "Instructions".
- Compatible with a broad range of gases and liquids
- Compatible with a broad range of piping materials
Will not harden or crack on the joints
- Effective across a broad range of temperatures and pressures
- Acts as a thread lubricant and anti-seize
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion of threads
- No curing time
- Unlimited shelf life
- Blue Color